Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) core responsibility is new customer acquisition within their assigned territory. This role will be sales leader within the operation leading the charge in identifying and landing new accounts to generate incremental growth.
- Identify, meet with, and secure new profitable customers for the operation with a focus on independent local dealers in your territory.
- Meet or exceed established KPI's and goals including new sales production.
- Partner with the MGM and Inside Sales Specialist in developing a sales plan to attack the market and grow the dealer base in their territory.
- Coordinate with and provide feedback to Inside Sales Specialists who are dedicated to your efficiency and success.
- Develop insights-based sales approach tailored to potential new dealers to help them grow their entire book of business.
- Follow all established best practices and procedures including activity levels, qualifying opportunities, and positioning our value proposition with prospects,
- Documenting customer and prospect interactions in CRM tools including appointments, cold calls and other contact methods (phone, email), implementing best practices and processes, and ensuring pipeline is an accurate representation of current activity and opportunity focus.
- Share best practices amongst your peers in the TSM community
- Partner with Dealer Development Manager in the ongoing education and support of new and existing dealers.
- Business to business sales experience is preferred. Automotive experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop sales
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer and results driven
- Concise and professional written, presentation and, and verbal communication skills
- Experience with MS Office required.
- Experience with Salesforce, Concur, Workday, Tableau is desired.
- Will work with customers and dealers on a regular basis.
- Frequent travel may be required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Frequent sitting and standing for up to 8 hours a day
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
Note: We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Interstate Batteries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Interstate Batteries complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interstate Batteries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Interstate Batteries' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
This job has expired.