The WVU Research Corporation is seeking applications for a Vantage Ventures Program Manager in the Business & Economics department. The Vantage Ventures Program Manager’s primary role is to assist in the coordination and implementation of programing and process organization at Vantage Ventures. The Program Manager will provide organizational expertise on key strategic initiatives, develop repeatable operating processes as well as help plan, schedule, and facilitate events and programing at Vantage Point and virtually. In particular, this individual will facilitate programing related to NSF I Corps, pitch days, special guest lectures, and other regular programing and take an active role supporting Faculty entrepreneurs business building efforts as part of the I Corps program.
At WVU Research Corporation, we strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU Research Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to suit your needs:
What you'll do:
- 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
- 403(b) retirement savings with a fully vested 3% employee contribution match, (Employees have the option of contributing an additional 1-3% of their earnings to the plan, which is also matched by the WVURC)
- A range of health insurance and other benefits
- Dependent Education Scholarship
- WVU Perks
- And More!!
- Build sustainable processes around functions such as: responding to inbound interest, Vantage team internal coordination, programing/event implementation, University relationships, etc.
- Develop and manage a process to manage inbound interest from different stakeholders and coordination across the team of responses.
- Work collaboratively with Vantage Ventures colleagues on key strategic initiatives aimed at attracting and retain entrepreneurs.
- Assist the Executive Director in key sponsor messaging and reporting.
- Assist with the organization and processes of the facilities use agreements, policy and procedures, and other related documents for resident companies of the Vantage Point Programming.
- Assist with the development and implementation of programing to take place virtually or at Vantage Point.
- Develop programing strategies to drive community engagement and connect to key stakeholders across the university, state and beyond to drive programing engagement with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in mind.
- Coordinate special events, guest lectures, regular programing and pitch days.
- Coordinate programing and calendars with other university counterparts and key stake holders SBIR / STTR and I Corps Coordination.
- Assist with the SBIR/STTR program, specifically related to maintaining databases and helping search for grant funding opportunities.
- Coordinate NSF I-Corps programing and short courses at WVU and work with other institution counter parts for I-Corps programing.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years experience in developing and administering programing.
- Two (2) years experience with communication plans and strategies related to programing.
- Two (2) years administrative experience in managing daily tasks and calendars.
- Two (2) years experience in an academic setting or related office environment.