Senior Data Scientist (685967)
Start Date - 07/18/2022
End Date - 06/30/2023
Location - Richmond, VA 23219
Interview Type - Web Cam Interview Only
Senior Data Scientist
Data Science Program of OSI looks for a data scientist
Client organization is with 7,800 employees and a $6 Billion annual budget is looking to fill the position of a Data Scientist consultant. The data scientist is a role in the Office of Strategic Innovations in Client and reports to the Data Science Program Manager. Data science team will play a pivotal role in planning, executing and delivering machine learning-based projects to improve highway safety, reduce congestion and improve business processes. The bulk of the work will be in machine learning (ML) modeling, management and problem analysis, data exploration and data correlation and clustering.
The newly hired data scientist will be a key interface between the Office of Strategic Innovations and analytics teams and leadership in the business units, and the Information Technology Division. Candidates need to be very much self-driven, curious and creative.
OSI purpose, goals, and portfolio statement
Reimagining transportation through a culture of innovation; Innovating through a set of high impact imperatives
What broad set of solutions is OSI pursuing?
Enhanced customer experience through Connected Mobility
Working smarter and proactively though the use of data analytics and automation
Meeting travelers' expectations by preparing for Connected and Automated Vehicles and Intelligent Infrastructure
Leveraging renewable energy and climate friendly approaches to make Client more resilient
As a member of the Client Data Science team, selected candidates will lead data science projects and initiatives using ML/AI methodologies, techniques and models in a cloud environment, or on local workstations.
Core responsibilities of Data Scientist
- Engage with business teams to find opportunities, understand requirements, and translate those requirements into technical solutions
- Acquire access to various databases, and other source systems. Help to create data pipelines for more efficient and repeatable data science projects. Apply statistical analysis and visualization techniques to various data.
- Design data science approach, applying tried-and-true techniques or developing custom algorithms as needed by the business problem.
- Collaborate with data engineers and platform architects to implement robust production real-time and batch decisioning solutions.
- Ensure operational and business metric health by monitoring production decision points.
- Investigate adversarial trends, identify behavior patterns, and respond with agile logic changes.
- Communicate results of analyses to business partners and executives.
- Research new technologies and methods across data science, data engineering, and data visualization to improve the technical capabilities of the team
Statistical modelling and data analysis with Machine Learning methods/technologies using programming language (Python, R) and related packages/library Required 5 Years
Geospatial analysis packages, preferably ArcGIS. Required 5 Years
Must be self-driven, curious, creative and a good communicator. Demonstrate the ability to work in diverse, cross-functional teams Required 5 Years
Cloud based platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS) and their machine learning products Highly desired 3 Years
Business intelligence packages: Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, or similar products Highly desired 1 Years
Question for Candidate
Question 1 Commonwealth of Virginia security policies prohibit the use of offshore IT contractors. Do you attest to the fact that your candidate will physically reside within the US for the duration of the assignment?
Question 2 Please list candidate's email address.