You have a strong work ethic, are reliable and consider yourself a go-getter. You enjoy working outside with your hands while performing a wide variety of tasks on a daily basis. You manage your time wisely and feel accomplished after a hard day's work. You like a challenge, and can always be counted on to exercise sound judgement on and off the jobsite.
Vessel Operators at US Ecology inspects vessels and peripheral equipment prior to voyage to ensure efficient, safe operation and conformance to regulations and company policies.
Day in the Life
While no two days are the same, you can typically expect to:
What you need to apply
- Deploys, tows, and anchors containment boom and other spill response equipment, as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring job-related equipment is always in good working order and ready for deployment or drill notifications.
- Document and keep current all vessel logs and inspections.
- Provides clear direction to deckhands and passengers to ensure safety during potential navigational or event hazards.
- Provides continuous training in safety, seamanship skills and basic navigation techniques.
- Conduct onboard safety drills.
- Understand and complete paperwork to follow procedures and regulations, such as customer logbooks, vessel logbooks, charts, EPA Discharge logs, placards, and labeling.
- May perform other general work, confined space entry, spill response and industrial maintenance as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other, related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred; related technical education or experience to have knowledge of operational practices or procedures.
- 1 or more years in the maritime industry.
- Ability to safety and proficiently operator a large vessel (no less than 32') and other required equipment.
- Ability to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Valid driver's license with a Motor Vehicle Record that meets our business driving standards.
- Valid local boating certificate.
- Willingness to work extended hours or shift work, weekend hours and on-call hours
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Be physically able to wear personal protective equipment when necessary
US Ecology helps our customers keep the environment clean by doing the hard but rewarding work of safely disposing of hazardous and regulated waste. In short, we work to provide a sustainable future for our children and their grandchildren.For your hard work
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- 100% employer paid medical for you
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.