It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-Monroe Clinic Hospital
Participates in the care and treatment of eye care patients utilizing skills unique to optometry and ophthalmology. Demonstrates accountability to patients, peers and other health team members through positive customer relations and effective communication. Cares for children and adult patients of all ages.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assists eye care providers and technicians in the exam and treatment of patients.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming standards.
- Performs and documents diagnostic testing ordered by eye care providers.
- Administers topical ophthalmic and oral medications at the direction of the provider.
- Assists in patient transfers, including to other areas of the department for completion of the examination.
- Performs tasks of basic computer scheduling, rescheduling, canceling, and coordination of appointment.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information per department policy and relays it to eye care provider or technician.
- Demonstrates understanding of current system and department policies and protocols for infection control, instrument reprocessing, safety and other patient care workflows.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
66500165 Eye CareScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.