Visiting Special Project Coordinator
Illinois Early Childhood Asset Map (IECAM)
The Illinois Early Childhood Asset Map (IECAM) is a state-funded project with the purpose of providing accessible and reliable early childhood and demographic data to the public and other stakeholders across Illinois. We provide data, maps, and data visualizations in a web site ( www.iecam.illinois.edu ) and when requested by state entities and agencies.
The Visiting Special Projects Manager will support the Director and Assistant Director in the administration of special projects conducted by the Illinois Early Childhood Asset Map (IECAM). Primary duties include working with the Director/Asst Director on (1) setting priorities for the special projects, (2) assisting the Project Director with literature reviews and potential research questions related to specific data projects being undertaken by the project on behalf of the state, (3) coordinating available resources to meet deliverables, (4) communicating and collaborating with team members within and outside the university system regarding these special projects, and (5) providing oversight and planning for material and space needs for IECAM activities. This individual will assist the Director/Asst Director in organizing and implementing project deliverables and products and associated timelines related to identified special projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
Planning, oversight & coordination of IECAM activities
• Assist the Project Director with literature reviews and potential research questions related to specific data projects being undertaken by IECAM on behalf of the state.
• Complete a review of available research literature pertaining to the use of data in early childhood programs.
• Assist the Director and Asst Director in determining applicable research questions based on the literature review.
• Communicate with state partners regarding the dissemination of these research questions and literature review.
• Supports the Director and Assistant Director in the implementation of special projects, as requested by state agencies, the Governor's Office, or other Illinois stakeholders.
• Develops systematic approach and maintains efficient and effective daily workflow related to special projects undertaken by the IECAM staff.
• Administratively responsible for implementing special project priorities.
• Responsible for submission of reports (daily, quarterly or annually) to the IECAM Director.
Collaboration and personnel oversight and support
• Serves as a resource person and acts as a liaison to relevant collaborative partners (on campus and outside of campus) at the direction of the IECAM Director.
• Assists the project Director/Asst Dir to provide administrative leadership, communicates commitment and sets expectations for staff, students and subcontractors as it relates to meeting deadlines and deliverables for special projects.
• Participates in scheduled team and collaboration meetings.
• Resource coordination and management.
• Manages material resources. Maintains appropriate records. Communicates and follows-up on pertinent matters.
• Maintains supply inventory for the central office and for the needs of staff, students, and contractors within IECAM.
• Coordinates and maintains reproduction and delivery schedule for IECAM resources and materials, as directed by IECAM Director.
• Supports the Outreach Specialist, Editor, and Webmaster to ensure a timely dissemination of social media posts, blogs, data visualizations, and specified resources.
Bachelor's Degree. Demonstrated project administration and management.
Demonstrated experience working within a university setting; some early childhood experience. Bilingual.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience managing multiple tasks with varying timelines, experience supporting staff and students, demonstrated expertise with standard office technology (Microsoft Office suite), Banner, ZOOM, Jira management tools, and online survey tools. Demonstrated ability in decision-making, strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills, including the ability to interact effectively with team members and university staff, attention to detail, adaptability, and dependability.
This is a 100% full-time Visiting Academic Professional position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after closing. Salary is commensurate with experience. We are unable to sponsor an employment VISA or take over sponsorship for an employment VISA for this position now and in the future.
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on October 3, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact email@example.com. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Requisition ID: 1019872
Job Category: Research
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu
Karnes City, Texas
Posted about 8 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago