At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you'd fit in great with us!
We are looking for 1st shift Warehouse Associates who will grow at our San Bernardino, CA distribution center. Must have experience with receiving.
Starting pay at $20.20 per hour!
Must have a minimum of 2 years warehouse experience with stable employment history.
This is a Monday-Friday position starting between 6am-8am.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Work within our shipping, receiving, or replenishment teams
- Safely and efficiently pull product from the warehouse for delivery to local customers
- Unload, breakdown, and stow incoming product
- Operate varying types of equipment including: forklift, pallet riders, pallet wrapper, order picker
- Work closely with other warehouse personnel to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Contribute to a fun and fast paced working environment
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to perform with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Experience with product pulling/tracking computer programs is desirable
- Experience operating warehouse equipment (forklift, order picker, pallet riders, etc.) is desirable
- Must be able to lift 55lb. products periodically throughout the day with no physical limitations
- Ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Clear written and verbal communication
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), and Scotts Young Professionals.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it's like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include: Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law