Altra Industrial Motion is a leading global designer and manufacturer of quality power transmission and motion control products utilized on a wide variety of industrial drivetrain applications.
Founded in 1857, TB Wood's has grown to become a global leader in the design and manufacturer of industrial couplings and belted drive solutions. TB Wood's foundry operations are capable of producing gray and ductile iron parts up to 10,000 lbs. per cast part. Reliable TB Wood's products are utilized in many key markets including food & beverage, energy, wastewater, concrete, metals, pulp & paper and material handling on applications such as conveyor systems, rolling mills, pumps, compressors, palletizers, de-barkers, printing equipment, fans & blowers, machine tools, and mixers. Learn more information at https://www.altramotion.com/our-brands/tb-woods-incorporated.
The selected candidate will be offered a pay rate based on prior industrial experience, but not less than $16.50/hour to start.
General warehouse duties to include receiving, packing, and picking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Pull parcel or LTL orders using a RF unit and paperwork
- Operate pickers, stand-up riders, and Drexel forklift
- Use Windows based warehouse system to look up locations, systematically pack orders, etc.
- Participate in Kaizen events and seek to continuously improve work processes
- Cross-train in various areas of department, including receiving, packing and picking; to provide coverage as necessary
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Adhere to all safety and health standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Basic knowledge of warehouse functions
- Ability to count and verify items picked or packed
- Basic knowledge of computers and ability to use them for warehouse functions
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the structure and content of the English language to include the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Ability to follow directions
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior experience in warehousing operations preferred, but not required
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Successful completion of TB Woods PIV/Forklift License training and certification required upon hire
Work environment includes mild exposure to dust particles and weather elements. Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be required to be worn during shift: safety glasses & steel-toe shoes.
Physical requirements include lifting up to 50lbs, standing for long periods of time, good hand and finger dexterity, and ability to bend, twist, reach and walk.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.