Web Services Specialist - LAS Communications and Marketing
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Web Services Specialist is part of the web team within the LAS Office of Communications and Marketing, which includes development and design staff as well as student workers responsible for providing web services to the college and many of its nearly 70 units. This position works closely with colleagues from the marketing and communication office, the college IT group (ATLAS), and units to support strategic priorities through design and release of websites and assistance with web maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Development, theming, and support for an internally built Drupal distribution which many of the College of LAS websites run on.
• Utilize content management systems for website development including but not limited to Drupal and WordPress.
• Provide support for LAS unit websites through a ticketing system.
• Oversee management of web hosting environments including managing Linux environments, maintaining DNS records, and tools to manage multiple websites.
• Work with providers of website content tools, including ATLAS Application Development, campus-level offices like Public Affairs, other groups on campus, and outside vendors to develop and implement effective applications to deliver dynamic and client driven content.
• Ensure that all college websites adhere to state accessibility laws, good usability practices, and brand standards.
• Work with a team to deliver projects including but not limited to design and code review and testing as well as providing backup to other team members.
• Contribute to and work within project management structure for the team.
Documentation & Training
• Investigate and evaluate new standards and technologies suitable for college and department needs.
• Document tools and techniques used when creating new functionality for websites.
• Commit changes to Git repositories as directed by the team.
Other Duties as assigned to further the mission of the unit.
Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
a. progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
b. college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
• 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one (1) year
• 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two (2) years
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience developing Drupal websites.
• Experience working with Git version control systems.
• Experience developing, theming, and managing Drupal 8+ websites.
• Experience managing Drupal websites using Composer.
• Experience with Docker.
• Experience managing multiple websites using automation tools like Ansible.
• Experience effectively communicating technical aspects with clients.
• Experience with responsive design techniques.
• Experience developing and testing for WCAG 2.0 AA web accessibility.
• Experience working in or with higher education.
Successful Candidates will have the following:
This is a 100% full-time Civil Service 5031 - Information Technology Technical Associate position, appointed on a 12-month basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the deadline date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Civil Service classifications, please visit the SUCSS web site at https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/default.aspx .
Application Procedures & Deadline Information
Applications must be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on January 31, 2023. Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of this posting and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and names/contact information for three professional references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, please contact LASCollegeHiring@illinois.edu. For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify .
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal , or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing email@example.com .
Requisition ID: 1013731
Job Category: Technical
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!