Operates equipment that welds together parts of extruded, fabricated and casted metal products.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Welding certification is preferred will be substituted in lieu of experience.
Two years experience is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions. Ability to read and correctly operate tap[e measure. Ability to understand how to use engineering drawings, welding specifications and welding procedures. Ability to complete assigned tasks and work with minimal supervision. Ability to operate a forklift.
- Reads engineering drawings andcompletes layouts as per specifications.
- Measures parts and distances using tape measure toone eight of an inch or less.
- Welds flat, cylindrical or irregular parts that may be clamped, tack welded or otherwise positioned
- Connects hoses, wire feed, regulators and cylinders to welding equipment
- Turns and adjusts regulator valves to start flow of gases and adjust as required
- Sets current, voltage and synchronize wire feed and flux or gas with speed of welding action
- Visually inspects welds for adherence to specifications
- Re-welds defective joints, removes surplus slag, flux and spatter using brush or portable grinder
- Ability to weld aluminum, cold rolled steel and stainless steel parts
- Operates floor truck and forklift in a safe and proper manner
Primarily in an area with noise, heat, humidity, and fumes /gases.Physical Demands
Majority of time spent sitting, standing, stooping, reaching and bending. Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand and arm motions. Must be capable of lifting or carrying objects weighing up to 30 pounds.Schedule
- Rolling (Metalworking)
- Oil And Gas
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Chattanooga, TNJob Type
Not SpecifiedDate Posted
This job has expired.