Who We Are:
At Avnet, relationships matter. We are a global, FORTUNE ® 500 technology distributor and solutions company that delivers design, supply chain and logistics expertise to customers at every stage of a product's lifecycle. Our employees have a front row seat to the latest innovations shaping the world we live in and the future we share. We're driven to help our customers around the world succeed and we do so by earning the trust of some of the biggest names in technology.
Working at Avnet means being a part of a global team. We work collaboratively and with integrity, doing business the right way. For more than a century, we have partnered together to help our customers, suppliers and teammates realize the transformative possibilities of technology. Experience what's next at Avnet!
Avnet Job Summary
As a Xilinx Field Application Engineer you will be a key member of a technical sales team acting as lead for Hardware & Software aspects of our key customers' systems. An ideal candidate for this role will be an enthusiastic and highly motivated technical individual who wants to be on the cutting edge of SoC technology and proactively engaged with customers in pre- and post-sale design and technical support activities.
- Drive and manage Xilinx technical related initiatives & activities for key customers in alignment with the Xilinx Technical Sales Engineer (TSE)
- Provide technical leadership and guidance that focuses on Xilinx design win strategies for customer opportunities
- Develop relationships with and become trusted advisor to (system) engineers & architects in your assigned key accounts
- Drive the technical part of strategy proposals for key customer programs
- Leverages understanding of known challenges to advise customer designers on the optimum use of Xilinx IP, software tools and hardware devices
- Manage technical support issues within customer base and collaborate/bring in Xilinx technical specialists when required to help solve real time problems (e.g. software tool & IP issues, RTL and simulation assistance, system bring up and debug)
- Collaborate with field and Xilinx factory resources to develop and deliver technical proposals to customer project managers, engineering managers, system architects and design engineers that align with customers' needs
- Lead with technical solution creation to show our value proposition (e.g.: hardware, software demos, example designs)
- Work with 3rd party ecosystem partners to support mutual beneficial custom solutions into the customer base where applicable
- Attend internal and external Xilinx technical training to complete and maintain certification as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with and understanding at systems level, FPGA and ASIC design tools. Experience with Vivado/Vitis, ISE or Quartus required (ModelSim is a plus)
- Ability to identify a customer's key care-abouts and thus contribute to overall sales strategy and success
- Knowledge of customers' end products including their specific market requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups
- Aptitude to communicate clearly at a high system and deep technical levels
- Organization skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and keep track of activities
- Team player with "can do" attitude
- Technical sales experience desired but not a must
- Experience in designing with Xilinx SoCs (Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC, Zynq7000, Versal ACAP)
- Knowledge of embedded system design tools such as Xilinx's IP Integrator, SDK and EDK tools, or Eclipse based software development environment
- Understanding of embedded processor systems & architectures (hardware-software partitioning, processor architectures, communication, boot process & security, and functional safety)
- Knowledge of open-source Linux and Yocto
- Experience in C/C++, TCL and Python programming
Education and Certification(s):
- Minimum experience required is typically 5+ years with bachelor's or equivalent. It's possible for a career salesperson to plateau for many years at this level.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5+ years experience FPGA-based architecture definition, design, and support (High Speed Serial IO, Embedded Processor, or DSP knowledge a plus)
#LI-AMERWhat We Offer:
Our employees work hard to live our values and help us grow. Our total rewards strategy supports Avnet's ability to attract, engage, develop, and reward our employees, while promoting a diverse and inclusive environment. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs - from time away and flexible working arrangements to programs supporting employee well-being and opportunities to give back to your community.
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Family Support (Paid Leave, Surrogacy, Adoption)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Long-term and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Education Assistance
- Employee Development Resources
- Employee Wellness, Leadership Development and Mentorship Programs
Benefits listed above may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Avnet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.
This job has expired.